Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Cards from the Embossing class

Well what a huge class today. I don't mean the amount of people BUT the time it took to make our first card, PHEW!!
I wanted to make a card using the Nailed It stamp set that is sadly retiring and I thought a male card with faux metal would "nail it" for me. So I went searching for some ideas on creating faux metal. I found some great ideas by Tami White and Angie Leach, but decided to make up my own by mixing up a few of their ideas. Maybe I should have stuck with going with the straight forward techniques that I saw! Anyway they turned out lovely and everyone was happy with the finished result even if we were covered in Soft Suede and Cajun Craze. Whoever gets this card needs to be extra, extra special.

One of the ingredients in this technique was our retired Pool Party embossing Powder, however if my ladies wanted to replicate this card, I needed to come up with an alternative. I mixed Clear embossing powder with a few drops of Pool Party ink. I covered the Smoky Slate card with Versamark and then rubbed the Pool Party mix over the card, then heat embossed.

This one had my Pool Party mix as the first layer.

This one had the Gold embossing powder as the first layer.

The card we made using the Nailed It hammer has been coloured in the DeWalt colours (yellow and Black) as per my husband's instructions.


These cards were created using the Emboss resist technique. I used White embossing powder for the image. The seat was sponged lightly with Crumb Cake and then sponged over in a circular movement with Crushed Curry. The edges were sponged with Cajun Craze and then the leaves stamped using Wild Wasabi and Garden Green. The stamp set for this one is Sitting Here


How fun and fresh is this one! I was inspired to actually buy this stamp set when I saw a Christmas Tree made using just the thongs. It looked so typically Australian, I just had to have it for that. So look out everyone, next Christmas there might be a few cards with  thong Christmas trees coming your way. In the mean time I will make fun cards like this one.


I again used White embossing powder for the images. I then sponged all over in Pool Party, leaving the centre clean. Next I sponged in Marina Mist, Then Pacific Point and lastly on the very edges Island Indigo. It seems a lot of colours to make one card but using all those colours seems to give it more depth. 

 So as you can see we made some lovely cards, but it was quite messy and time consuming. These are the type of cards you save for your very, very best friends or family member that would appreciate the time you have put into their card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...