Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

A very sad day

If you have been following me for a few years you will know that not only do I have my own card classes, but I also volunteer at a few places. One of them is Bluecare, the ladies and gentleman that have come to my classes over the last few years have become good friends and sadly I was told that one of my very special ladies passed away.



Beryl was so special, she did the most beautiful silk ribbon embroidery and it was only in the last few months that I also found out that she was a good artist. At the end of each class I would give her all the kits that did not get used and she would make them up for others in the village. If anyone wanted a card they always called on Beryl.  She will be missed.

Over the years I have lost many out of my classes but Beryl and Aussie are my two special people. Now from the original class members there is now only Aussie remaining. He is 100 years young and a lovely man with a very interesting history. Below is a photo of him at my card class with his daughter.



While my heart is broken for losing this lovely woman, I look forward to seeing Aussie and my new class members in the new year and no doubt will form more new friendships.
If you are thinking about volunteering, please take that step. You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...