Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Fine tuning Ronald McDonald House classes

 One of the things I love most about being a demonstrator is being involved with a company that is so giving'  Stampin! Up! is just as much about serving others and giving to those in need as it is about Inspiring, Creating and Sharing. Stampin' Up! is a very inspiring company that encourages us to give to others, as well as Inspire, Create and Share papercraft projects.

Their Statement of the Heart mission statement, reads: "To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments ... in this we make a difference."

To help fulfill this statement, Stampin' Up! launched its Making a Difference programme in 2003. This programme facilitates corporate giving and promotes service among demonstrators and employees. Through the Making a Difference programme, Stampin' Up! partnered with Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) in the US and Canada. As a part of the 25 year celebration in 2013, Stampin’ Up! expanded the effort globally.  This is how I and other fellow demonstrators in Australia became involved. Events were organised and cards donated.

I donate cards each month to the Ronald McDonald House at Herston as this is where I hold a class to give the residents a bit of creative time and take away their worries for an hour or two. I bring enough cards and tools to make 3 cards and over the time I have been doing it I have fine tuned what I take. In the beginning it was a huge metal tote box on wheels chock full of everything that I MAY need and then got ferried home unused. Now I have it down to a fine art.


 I design my cards, pop all the card bases and layers into a large envelope, pop the sample card in the front behind a clear panel. I do this to all 3 cards.

Then I lay them on my table and see what inks, stamps and punches are required these are popped into my carry bag along with the cards.

 and of course my bag of adhesives.

First layer, done.


Last layer, done.

All set, I can't believe I spent so much time dragging around unnecessary gear "just in case".

Did you know?

Each year, Stampin' Up! design an exclusive stamp set to promote the partnership with RMHC, and donate a portion of the proceeds from the each sale of that set. To date, Stampin’ Up! has donated more than $1,000,000 USD from its RMHC stamp set sales, and with the expansion to their international markets, they hope to be able to donate even more! Check out the back of your catalogue and see what this years stamp set is and if you think you would like it, remember that $3.00 will go to RMHC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...