Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Groovy baby....

I was asked to make another of my little ladies. This one is for a young lady turning 17. Her aunty asked if it could be something groovy like my other birthday lady. Well not wanting to make exactly the same card again I pulled out all my Designer Series Paper till I found one that got my brain a churning.
I drew my girl up, sponged around her and then dressed her in the groovy (retired) DSP. Then I cut her hair out of the new Coordinations card stock in Early Expresso and then ran it through the woodgrain embossing folder.
The stack of pressies was made using Melon Mambo card embossed and glittered, Pool Party and So Saffron. I cut the 17 free hand.


Don't you just love her groovy shoes, they were a little tricky to cut out but worth all my breath holding.

Her sunnies were made using Acetate coloured with a red felt pen and then rubbed off to just leave a stain. I then punched them out with the Owl punch and set them up with Glue dots.
The background is supposed to resemble a Disco with dripping lights and kooky lanterns. Do you think I achieved that?


Cardstock: Melon Mambo, So Safron, Pool Party, Early Expresso, Skin Tone
Ink: Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Pink Seam binding ribbon, Basic Rhinestone Jewel, Stripes embossing folder, Square Lattice embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...