Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Another challenge at Colour INKspriation

The next challenge from Colour INKspiration is all about Autum colours.


The colours for this fortnights challenge are Cajun Craze, Island Indigo, Smoky Slate and our retired Delightful Dijon.

I have decided that the challenge is going to be my personal challenge. I spend so much of my time preparing for classes that I seem to have lost the me time in my craft. So I have decided these challenges will be my personal challenge. Because of this I have broken away from creating a card for the challenge and I am going to try and replicate the Inspiration piece that is given to us.

This is my version of this piece and if you like what I have done you can also hop on over to the Facebook group by clicking here and voting for it.
Each panel I have tried to replicate the original using all Stampin' Up! products.



The little lady panel was created by first drawing her on our old Blossom Pink card and then paper piecing her. I used an Aqua Painter to paint on her clothing. The hair was made from our thick white twine and I dyed it with a few drops of Cajun Craze ink. Once I had drawn and painted the face I cut a slot in her head "ouch" and wound the hair around. The plait was then glued and attached at the back.



I didn't have any small leaf punches to create the heart shape, but thought the retired Confetti Stars Punch would work perfectly. First I sponged a piece of Whisper White Card completely with Delightful Dijon and Cajun Craze, then punched out several lots of the stars.

The background is Smoky Slate card that is sponged with Smoky Slate and Cajun Craze and a dash of Island Indigo. I stamped some Autumn leaves from an old set in Cajun Craze and then glued the stars to form the heart shape.



This panel was sponged the same as the others but this time I dropped water on the paper and then dabbed it off. The woodgrain effect was made using our Woodgrain Stamp and masking where I didn't want it to stamp. The maple leaf was created using the new Colourful Seasons bundle.


I didn't know what to do with the top right image as to me it looked like it could be a Pumpkin Pie in a ramikin. So this is my Australia take on it. The cupcake is from Sweet Cupcake Stamp set and the styalised pumpkins are the Beach ball stamped twice from Day at the Beach stamp set


Finally the centre panel was once again using the masked Woodgrain image and the two step maple leaf from the Colourful Seasons bundle.


I am happy enough with my project, my lady hasn't got the same sweet face of the inspiration piece but after tossing a few on the floor I settled for the one you see.

This project is entered into the  #CI10 Colour Challenge on Facebook.  If you would like to give this challenge a try, or maybe just get inspiration from others, then click on this link to join the group.


Voting goes live from either Tuesday 13th or Wednesday 14th June, not quite sure.  You can vote for my project or any other project that you love.

I was very excited to be chosen as one of the Top 5 last fortnight and thank everyone that voted for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...