Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Friday, January 6, 2017

Sale-A-Bration Product Highlights

It’s time to start Sale-A-Brating! This is your  biggest sales event of the year. Every week for the next few weeks I’ll highlight a Sale-A-Bration product with information and resources. Sorry you will fall even more in love with the products, as I have done.

Hey, Chick Stamp Set

One of the product highlights is the Hey, Chick Stamp Set on page 17 of the Sale-A-Bration brochure.  It is one of the FREE items you can get by spending $90 on Stampin' Up! products.

I would like to give you an insight into how some of these stamps come about. Lori Sume is an illustrator for Stampin' Up! and this is how she got the inspiration for this set.

"When I was a child growing up in Canada, I remember some family friends who had little chickens that I thought were so cute. A couple of summers ago here in Utah, I stopped at a friend’s ranch and saw all their cute animals including their chickens. They had typical chickens but also another kind called Polish Frizzle Bantam White Chickens. I think they are so funny with all those feathers flopping around on the top of their heads and how they like to stare straight at you and cock their heads.
So when I was assigned to create the Hey, Chick Stamp Set, I was so excited. I wanted to exaggerate the rounder chickens and really make them round, and I also really wanted to draw one of those funny chickens I saw at my friend’s ranch. It was a really fun set to create."

I love hearing these stories from the illustrators, now I look at this crazy chicken and know where the idea came from.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...