Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Embossed techniques from April card class

Have you all thought that embossing was just sprinkling embossing powder on a stamped image and then using a heat gun to set it. It can be much more than that. My class had a ball trying a few of the methods I had prepared.

Usually they only make 3 cards but I wanted them to get a good taste of the techniques, so this is what we came up with.

First off the rank was a tag, we stamped an image and then masked it. Then stamped an image in Versamark and sprinkled it with Early Espresso Embossing Powder. Finally we sponged over the embossing in three different colours. So basically going over other techniques, sponging and masking.


Here are a few that we tried with other colours.


Then we did some double embossing. All the ladies chose different coloured ribbon and flowers, so each one looked unique.

Double embossing technique class


Using Water colour paper we spread Hot glue over it to create a design. Then some sprinkled fine glitter over the glue and then reheated with a heat gun to set. The others daubered Accore Gold on the glue with a sponge dauber, also setting with a heat gun. Finally they spritzed the card with water and using ink refills they coloured it in. They all looked so good and so different I wish I had taken photos of them all. Click on the images to enlarge.

hot glue embossed with the glitter powder hot glue embossed with gold glitter hot glue embossed with gold powder
I made a few samples for them to choose from and glitter seemed to win hands down.

hot glue then embossed with gold ink and glitter

Lastly we did this little cutie. There is something about a 3x3 card that makes it sooooo cute. We stamped the design in versamark and then sprinkled over with black embossing powder. Then added the finishing layers.

I just love this little sweetie of a card.

embossing with black embossing powder

Everyone loved the hot glue method as it was so different. After they all left I then got to thinking what it would look like if an image was stamped on the card first and then the glue was traced over the image. So I stamped the lovely swirls from Elegant Elenor and traced the glue over the image. Then I sprinkled Pool Party embossing powder over the glue and set with the heat gun. This image is only a first attempt but I think it could work so I am going to play with it. What do you think?

hot glue embossing technique using  everything eleanor




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...