Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Still playing

I am having so much fun playing with my new toy- The Stamparatus.

Every time anyone places an order with me I try hard to give them inspiration by making a Thank You card with something that they have purchased. One of my lovely customers purchased a background stamp that I have as well.

My Stamparatus was sitting on my bench calling out to me, "I'm here for you!"  Well actually we all know that a Stamparatus can't call out, BUT, it had me wondering if I could use it for embossing a background. So follow along with me and see what you think. Sorry in advance it is rather lengthy!!!

My thought was to create a background and then emboss it with Iridesccent Ice. As I wanted the white parts of the background to stay clear of the embossing, I thought that using the Stamparatus would be the best way to go.

1. I lined my gift card up using my special laminated grid paper, popped the magnets just on the very edge as I want all the front to be inked.



2. I wanted the swirly part of the stamp to be used, so I lined this up.


3. I inked up just the section needed with Cajun Craze.


4. A little messy, but looking good. After cleaning off the Cajun Craze ink, I inked up with Versamark and sprinkled on the Iridesccent Ice.


5. You can't see the glittery finish, but believe me it is Dazzling.


6. Now I know this is a bit of an over kill as I could have stamped the last bit without my new tool, but I decided to keep going. I stamped the flower stems from Sprinkles of Life


7. I wanted to place the Thanks A Bunch sentiment right underneath the leaves, so the Stamparatus was perfect to do this. As you can see I used a piece of scrap card and didn't pop it in a corner. I just held it in place with the magnets.


8. I added the flowers the regular way, I also stamped a few more and cut them out for a 3D look


9. I fussy cut the sentiment, punched out a Cajun Craze circle and popped some silver cord behind.


I am happy with the result, the white stayed clear of Dazzling Diamonds which is what my plan was.
If I did this again I would not use the magnets as they got messy. I would use Washi Tape and put it to the very corner top and bottom only.

I gave this to my customer today and she loved it and appreciated the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...