Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Don't Quit Your Day Dream

The third Colour INKspiration Challenge is a fun beach themed, colour palette. I knew exactly what I wanted to make...

One of my ladies in a bikini at the beach...

I was going to hand draw her and then I took a closer look at the Beautiful You stamp set and thought, mask the hem line, mask the bust line, mast the sleeves and I have myself a ready made body to work with. All I had to do then was sponge her skin and dress her.
I had no problem using the Marina Mist. My little lady has her bikini and hat using the Marina Mist florals from the Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack. I wasn't keen on drawing in her feet (not good with feet and hands haha) so decided that the puddle from the other stamp would work beautifully. So she is up to her ankles in water.


I used our water colour paper to put a wash of Soft Sky, Marina Mist and Soft Suede. I stamped the puddle in Soft Suede from the Beautiful You stamp set, I then cut a slot in the puddle for her legs to go through.



The sentiment was one of the Free stamp sets that we are getting from Sale a bration at the moment. It coordinates with the Custom Tee Photopolymer Stamp Set I love the words, "Don't quit your day dream"

The clouds I hand drew them in Soft Sky, after looking at the shape of the biggest one from Up and Away Thinlits Die . The surf board was hand cut and then stamped in Peekaboo Peach with the Watercolor Words Photopolymer Stamp Set.

I ripped a piece of Marina Mist for the scene to sit on and then decided the scene should also be ripped. What do you think, is she living her Dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...