Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Friday, June 22, 2012

70th birthday with Beau Chateau

I was asked to create a 70th birthday card for my friend's mother. Her mother is very English and quite proper. So I needed to create something to suit.
Quite by accident I found exactly what I was looking for in my Beau Chateau paper. I wanted to use the DSP and was wondering what to put with it. I looked at the pretty frame on one of the pages and then my mind went into overdrive.
What if I cut out the frame and stamped some wording in it? No, not quite what I wanted.
What about cutting out a framelit die with the Big Shot and put that on the cut out frame and then stamp? No, still not quite what I wanted.
Well finally I decided to use my Designer Frames Embossing Folder. I stamped the sentiment and then ran the Oval frame through the Big Shot. I cut out the inner part of the oval frame and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake. Then I cut out a Framelit and put it back through the big shot using the Designer Frames. (Gee I love my Big Shot!) Stuck the sponged oval on top and decided that was it. Finally happy with the look.
The three little flowers were made using the old 3 blossom punch and then rolled up and squished to create the faux suede look. Then I popped on the tiny half pearls.
Finally I put it all together, stuck Beau Chateau DSP onto Crumb Cake card, attached Crumb Cake seam binding around this and tied with a bow at the top. Added my frames and then the whole lot was stuck on to Very Vanilla card.
I didn't want to put the 70 on the front, but felt it needed  to go somewhere. So I sponged a piece of Very Vanilla, stamped the Happy and TH and added the 70 which I had cut out from the Big Shot. ( Oh I love my Big Shot)
What do you think? Will her mum like it? I hope she does.

Card details:
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Very Vanilla
Designer Series Paper: Beau Chateau
Ink: Crumb Cake
Ribbon: Crumb Cake seam binding
Tools: Big Shot, Textured Impressions Embossing Folders Set, Framelits Dies
Stamp sets: Memorable Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...