Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Up to the challenge

We have a Paper Angels Demonstrator meeting each month to share ideas and for the ones that are more business focused it is a great way to learn how to make your business grow. Our monthly meetings are so much fun and we are always given some sort of challenge, sometimes it is swapping cards and this particular time it was coming up with a party theme using our new Designer Series Papers (DSP). Well my brain immediately went into overdrive once again. Pool Party, Slumber Party, Kids Party, Tea Party, Birthday Party etc...
Each night I went to sleep I was designing a new party. Finally I decided on a theme and it came about while I was actually just trawling the net without even thinking about the challenge. I found a great pattern for a paper doll that I wanted to make for my grand daughter to play with.

Well that sparked the whole dolly dress up party idea for the challenge. Poor Christina missed out on the paper doll game as Nana was on a mission. I made the invitation first, then cut out the dolly in skin tone card stock. To make the clothes I placed the dolly down and traced around her shape.
The smaller doll is the name tag. I glued a magnet on the back so that it could be attached to a blouse with another magnet. The DSP I used was Attic Boutique from our Autumn Winter Mini Catalogue. The hair on the little girl was cut from the DSP. I loved creating the Cheong Sam, I popped a little strip on the bodice of Early Expresso and also up the skirt. Luckily the corset on the DSP fitted her perfectly so all I had to do was cut the tabs. We know that every girl needs a trendy outfit so she had to have some flares, aren't they cute? And of course what does a girl wear for her coctail parties.
Yep you guessed it a cute little cocktail dress. Now she is set to party.

1 comment:

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...