Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Farewell to a special uncle


Classes have been cancelled for a little while as my family and I were spending many hours up at the hospital with our very special uncle. He was the last of 3 uncles that meant a great deal to me and my brothers and sister.

Each uncle brought with him special qualities. This Uncle  was my story teller and the keeper of my conscience. I couldn’t wait to hear his stories about his trips with his brothers and his mates. As well as the shooting trips with Pop. And if ever I was tempted to do something wrong, I always thought “What would Uncle Bruce think of me!”

He never had children, but, his complete dedication to all his nieces and nephews was unswaying.. Not many bachelors would take on 3 teenagers, care for them like their own and guide them through their growing years.

We were fortunate enough in the last few days of his life, to be able to share some special time with him and tell him how loved he was.

The gathering we had for him yesterday was perfect, all the family and friends gathered and laughed about times spent with him. Memories were relived and at the end of the day, we all agreed that he would have thought this was a bonzer day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...