Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Cards from the class using Under My Umbrella

Our latest class was all about techniques. I love sharing techniques with my ladies. They get so excited about learning something new. We used the new Under My Umbrella stamp set


We used 3 layers on this card. Crumb Cake for the base, then Bermuda Bay cut ever so slightly bigger than the Whisper White. I just wanted a little peek of Bermuda Bay.  Using the Aqua Painter and Coastal Cabana ink, we washed across the card, then stamped the sweet little rain drops randomly over the wash.. The umbrella was stamped on to a piece of DSP. The flowers and boots were stamped and then coloured with our Blends. We did a couple of layers of flowers to give a 3D look.   


This Bermuda Bay card had the oval window cut out and then stamped with the rain drops in Bermuda Bay ink. However the card below is what we actually made.


This is the card we finally made. It's one of my newest dies and I couldn't resist changing this from the Oval to the floral oval from the Petal Labels Die. To create the windows background, we used the Sponge brayer and various colours. These colours were Mint Macaron, Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy and Gorgeous Grape. Then with the Aqua Painter we flicked small droplets of water over the sponging. The sentiments were all chopped up and backed with Copper foil. 

 

Who would have thought all these colours would look ok together. Night of Navy as the base with a peek of Pineapple Punch behind this vibrant DSP. The umbrella and boots were stamped with the cute little flowers from this set. Lots of layers in this card.

So which one of these cards grabs you? I think my favourite is number one, or two or maybe three!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...