Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Friday, October 6, 2017

What can we make with our Glossy White card

I love it when I am asked to come up with some ideas for our products. One of my friends asked if I could have a class on Glossy White Card. Well little did she know it is a favourite of mine as it lends itself to getting very arty farty.

We used Elegant Eggplant and Island Indigo ink refills dropped on to a cotton ball that had a few drops of rubbing alcohol on it. We then pounced this all over the Glossy card and then used a clean cotton ball to dry up the ink. We cut out the merry and mounted this on to Elegant Eggplant and then on to an embossed Island Indigo base. The banner was stamped with an old Christmas stamp in Elegant Eggplant and we punched out the copper foil with the new border punch.



The Merry that we cut out didn't go to waste, it was adhered to a Whisper White embossed base and then the same banner configuration,this time using the Champagne foil, yum, quite like this foil.



Now take heart if you ever make a mistake when producing your beautiful cards, as there is NO mistakes, only an opportunity to be more creative. As I was showing everyone how to cut the Merry, I neglected to cut my own before I adhered it to the Elegant Eggplant mat. No problem, I stamped a Christmas sentiment in Black Momento Ink. the photo isn't great, but it turned out clear although a little wonky, handmade RIGHT!!!



This last card lends itself to masculine projects by using the Crumb Cake and Early Espresso inks. All you need to do is drag Crumb Cake down the Glossy card to cover, then tip the pad on its side and drag down going across the card. Change to the Early Espresso and drag it down as well. If the dark ends up too dark, then drag some more Crumb Cake down, or as one of my ladies did rub with your finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...