Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Being creative has more than one meaning...

I sponsor a child in Myanmar, Burma and I was sending her a letter. The people taking the letter had asked us not to enclose anything in the letter and not to make it too special as not all the children in the orphanage are sponsored. They don't want them singled out as special, which would make the others feel not so special. So it got me thinking, why not make all the kids feel special by making them a card.

So I gathered up some stamps, ink and card, packed it in a box and trotted off for coffee with 2 of my stamping friends. When I arrived, I explained my quest of sending 100 cards for the children. They were to be images in black Stazon that the children could colour in. Not a problem for us stampers, right!!

Oops, I forgot the acrylic blocks!! No problem, out came the mobiles.

cards for Myanmar

No, we weren't calling for help! They became our blocks. Pretty creative don't you recon?

Coffee, cake and cards.for Myanmar

It didn't take us very long, I had already made some at home so we only had to complete 40 more.
Coffee, cake and cards. What a great morning!


I felt they needed just a tad of colour, so my darling husband was tasked to cut the edges off the Washi Tape I had attached.

#menofstampinup helping cut washi tape

washi tape added to the card for Myanmar

They looked great, the Washi Tape did the trick. The cards have now been bundled up with some instructions to the couriers that the cards are to be coloured. They will be heading over to Myanmar in the next few days, along with my letter to our sponsored child.

I'm happy to say that the ladies that helped this morning will be helping with some more of these stamping sessions for Myanmar. If anyone else would like to participate in this, please contact me and I will let you know when the next session will take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...